Monday, August 25, 2014

Seattle Bound!

During Zach's 15th round of chemo last Friday night he received a call from Seattle.  We have an appointment up there in a couple of weeks to discuss the possibility of Zach receiving treatment through a clinical trial.  The trial I mentioned a few weeks ago in the blog has not yet opened; this is a different one.  We knew this trial was a possibility but one that Zach had to "qualify" for based on certain indicators in his tumor biopsy.  It wasn't really worth mentioning at the time because there was a very slim chance Zach was a candidate.  We are thankful that yet another door has been opened.  But during this journey we've learned that the highs can be very high and the lows devastatingly low.  Therefore we are remaining as emotionally neutral about the situation as we can.

The school year has begun for Zach.  He is managing his pain the best he can but the medication and chemo can have nasty side effects.  I would love prayers for Zach--that his energy be restored and his pain minimal.

 Zach on "daddy duty!"

 Love these brown eyes...

 ...and this smile!

Max loves the bathtub!

Zach and Oliver at the fair.  We went early one morning to look at the animals.  It was so much fun and the boys did so well we stayed for lunch AND returned for another 3 hours of fun after naps.  

Max and mommy!

Zach and Oliver watching a horse event.  

 
Family picture!

Nathaniel spent the morning with us.  Along with wrangling Oliver he was our entertainment, as usual. 

Oliver loves Pronto Pup (nearly) as much as me.  

 Oliver on his first fair ride!  He LOVED it and drove that boat like a pro.

Grams and Oliver on the kangaroo.

Oliver enjoying another snack.  And Zach waiting for him to share.

 Grams and Max!

 
Oliver's thinking: bacon.  
Pig's thinking: looks like one bite to me.

 Zach and Oliver.

Rocky Road ice cream is serious business in Oliver's book!

Zach is a good sport about pictures.  I think this was the look, however, that I needed to wrap it up :)

A wonderful day at the fair with our little family.

Stepped out of my comfort zone and did a run...for fun.  What's that you ask?  It means you don't have to train, eat properly the night before, or refuse coffee the morning of.  I should do these "fun" runs more often!

A colorful and happy bunch!  A few of the amazing girls who I am proud to call friends; they are a great source of support for me.





5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if my comment posted or not so I'm posting this again. Has there been any discussion about mega doses of Vitamin C to compliment the chemo treatments? I've read in several articles that this combination can be successful in fighting cancer cells and I've also heard it mentioned in a documentary called Food Matters. I just wanted to mention it in case it hadn't been discussed as it might be another avenue for opportunity and it seems to me like it definitely couldn't hurt but I'm not sure how much the mega doses cost, I believe they are 200k mg of vitamin C taken Intravenously. Keep up the fight you guys, I'm praying for you on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have seen the documentary. Truly fascinating! Unfortunately most people involved in the medical side of things don't suggest alternative treatments in conjunction with chemo. But we have been doing some things on our own. Thank you for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. How great is our God. His love is loud and clear in your beautiful family (our family). Blessings and prayers from your cousin in California. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all look so great. The boys are getting so big. Zach has such a great smile and you, well, wowsers girl! Way to stay fit and healthy mentally and physically! The fair picture is worth a million bucks!

    ReplyDelete