Sunday, March 16, 2014

Round #4 Begins Tuesday!

Our prayers were answered!  Given the circumstances, Zach couldn't have had a better week at school.  He didn't get sick during the week and he survived all 5 days of teaching.  Without a doubt God pulled him through it and we are thankful and relieved. 

My brother's girlfriend Jessica is the dance team director for the Idaho Stampede so went to a game Friday night.  The Stampede gave our group a court side table and also offered to pass out information about April's golf tournament.  I am very appreciative of the Stampede's kindness--we had a fun time!

Saturday night we were treated to another wonderful evening!  All 5 members of the Leonnig family came over to babysit and they treated Zach and I to dinner at Gino's.  (Zach teaches and coaches their son, Luke.)  It was such a thoughtful and creative gesture!  I think Oliver loved making new friends and having someone help him with his golf game.  We enjoyed Gino's and loved our time together.  Thank you Leonnigs for being so good to us with all you have done.  

Eating is becoming increasingly difficult for Zach.  The chemotherapy is irritating his esophagus.  Zach described it as though his esophagus is rejecting whatever he tries to swallow.  Soft and liquid foods help some but we pray his ability to eat isn't blocked altogether and he can continue to eat without much more discomfort and difficulty.  Round #4 begins Tuesday.  He teaches Monday and I hope it will help keep his mind off of what the rest of the week will bring.  

In closing, I want to share an email Zach received from a former student.  Like many of you who are teachers and coaches, Zach never gave much thought to whose life he might be touch.  There are students and athletes you work directly with who would undoubtedly share similar sentiments if the circumstances called for it.  As a former teacher myself, I too often forgot about the opportunities I had to touch lives when I was overwhelmed with all the demands teaching brought.  I hope this helps you remember.

My name is ____ and I heard you had cancer from the grapevine at my church, Cathedral of the Rockies. I was in your class freshman year at Rocky and sophomore year too. You were and still are my favorite teacher I have ever had, and when I heard you had cancer I instantly started to cry. I wanted so desperately to contact you, so I looked on Google for a way and prayed to the Lord and I found one. You inspired me Mr Ingersoll to do my very best and you believed in me, when really no one else did. I cry because I think why the heck did this man have to get cancer, he has a 5 month old! I am only 19 years old, so please don't judge me, but I have a 11 month old daughter, who is my world. I think to myself, what would happen if I was in your shoes? I will tell you the truth I am not a very optimistic person, but there is no one I would be more willing to put my life's earnings in than you winning this battle.  I know you will win. You are kind, many look up to you, you are strong, and I believe in you. I hope you remember me, it would mean so much if you did. Stay strong, and keep carrying on, anything is possible with Mr. Ingersoll. 


 Our friend Tanya Leaf took this picture while she was in Boston.  They stole my blog title! :)

This picture was snapped during the state basketball tournament after a questionable call.  I love everything about this picture!

 Luke Leonnig and Max.

Luke and Natalie teaching Oliver how to golf.

 My sweet grandma "Cokee" holding Max.

 Mitch and Max.

 Mitch and Jessica with our boys.  I'd like to photoshop Zach and myself into this picture as it is the only one I have of both boys actually looking at the camera.  Neither boy is crying or pulling someone else's hair, and there aren't any fingers in noses, stained shirts or sticky faces.  

 This adorable squishy baby turned 5 months old today!

 Mitch and me at the Stampede game.

Zach and me.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the picture and letter.. You and Zach are teaching so many of us about faith, hope, charity, and love

    ReplyDelete