Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Final Round Before Scans

Zach had his second and final treatment today before scans.  His first round with the new treatment 3 weeks ago was very rough; he battled fatigue, extreme nausea and hand/feet neuropathy. He is noticing more pain as time goes on...always a concern.  But he has managed to avoid mouth sores.  Scans are scheduled the day before Thanksgiving and we will have results the day after Thanksgiving. 

Many people have reached out over the last 11 months and offered their help.  Prayers have always been our biggest request.  However there is something you can help with!  This Christmas "things" are less important than ever.  So, I would like to make a tribute DVD for Zach where people share their memories of him.  I would love to include as many family members, friends, colleagues, current/former students and athletes as possible.  If you'd like to contribute, I would LOVE that.  Please email me video of a memory, funny story, lesson he taught you, etc.  In addition to it being a touching gift for Zach, it is my hope that Oliver and Max will be able to learn so much about their dad.   Your tribute does not need to be long or fancy.  Email your video to me at: ingersoll.nicole@gmail.com. If it is too large to email we can use Dropbox.  Let me know what works best for you. The sooner I have it, the better.  I will need time to format and compile the videos so it will help to have plenty of time before Christmas to do so.  It is a surprise for Zach!

Thanks in advance!


 Uncle Nate and the boys!

 Oliver checking out Uncle Nate's beard.  

Zach's cousin Alexis flew in for a few days.  We really enjoyed our time with her and she kept our spirits up during Zach's treatment today.  


 Max spent his Halloween with the stomach flu.  

 Poor Max was so tired and sick but we did manage a quick family picture.  

Oliver was the cutest trick-or-treater ever!  Each time he was given a piece of candy he asked the neighbor: "Can I eat it?" 

 Daddy and Oliver.

My race car driver and me.  


Nate and I ran the Zeitgeist half marathon the day after Halloween.  The 13.1 miles loomed over my head like a dark cloud but kept me from eating too much Halloween candy the night before :) A tough race but my fastest so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment