Saturday, January 4, 2014

"Cancerrific" and Hair Loss

Strangely, it is almost a relief for me not to have answers to our questions yet. This way we can focus on each other, the boys, and not face reality. Monday will come soon enough.

Zach spoke to his basketball players today--a tough conversation to have with kids. Zach has coached many of them since their freshman year. We are overwhelmed with the support and love everyone is offering.


Zach and I had a nice dinner out this evening while the boys were spoiled by their grandparents. During dinner we brainstormed blog titles--much to Zach's excitement (insert eye roll). There were many cringe-worthy titles that involved words like "cancerrific." I'm glad to see Zach's sense of humor is still intact! "Cancer: Game On" won.   


In the past, Zach has said, I hope you know that one day I'm going to go bald.  I'm already losing hair now.  So it's just a matter of time.  And I usually respond with something about how I never agreed to marry a bald man and those weren't a part of my vows.  We both agree the situation is inevitable now and are appreciative of the time and money saved on haircuts for a while.  





Zach was excited to learn on Friday that milkshakes are an important part of his new diet. He happily drank his dessert calories; I watched with envy. Hey, this baby weight doesn't disappear while slurping Sonic's banana chocolate milkshakes! 

We appreciate your prayers for peace. The weekend wait hasn't been as tough as we anticipated. We look forward to Monday's consultation with our radiation oncologist.  We continue to be in prayer for those who will serve as a part of Zach's cancer care team.

6 comments:

  1. If Michael Keaton can be mister mom and save gothom...He can surely beat cancer. :). God is MIGHTY. Love Kelly and Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see yo u got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks. Acne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed. hormone replacement Acne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything can happen. I’m sure God will help you guys out. Zach is a strong man and with the amount of support and love that is surrounding him, I’m sure he'll make it through. I don't think he should worry about getting bald or anything, because it is a badge of honor of he is fighting his battle with cancer and slowly beating it. :)

    Dr. Sara Salas @ Baja Hair Center

    ReplyDelete