Saturday, January 11, 2014

Thank you!

It feels inadequate to type "thank you" as the title to this post.  The gratitude we feel in our hearts is so much stronger than anything we can express with words.  

I want to thank the wonderful teachers and staff at Rocky Mountain High School for their generous gift.  Even though Zach hasn't taught with you for 2 years (and moved back to teach at the rival school!) you treat us like we are still a part of your school family.  I'm glad we still are connected to you with Zach as a Rocky coach.  Thank you to all who donated!  

Tonight Zach and I wanted to see his team play one last time before chemo begins.  We went to the JV Rocky Mountain vs. Borah game.  We did not stay for the varsity game but I understand there was an "offering" that took place during halftime for our family.  Thank you to the parents and students on both sides who gave.  Some who gave know us but many do not. We are very touched by your generosity and a huge weight is being lifted because of your gifts.  

I am learning so much about the people in Zach's life--you are all amazing.  We are so blessed and hopeful.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole and Zach,

    I live in Boston and was diagnosed with Stage IV tongue cancer last May. I underwent chemo and radiation through the summer. You might find my blog informative, especially with regards to the feeding tube Zach will probably have? I'd be more than happy to share my experience and "education" with you. You can reach me at info@cancerfuntime.com (it sounds like you and Zach will appreciate the blog title).

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Zachary's mom, it is so humbling to see the outpouring of love for my son and his family. From the time Zach entered kindergarten, he has been blessed with amazing teachers, classmates, and friends and as his journey through life has progressed more and more wonderful people have entered his life. The power of your prayers, kindness, generosity, and love has truly strengthened and inspired Zachary and our family to defeat this beast! God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete